Wednesday 28 November 2007

Correction of the TEST

Task 1

Dear Rachel!

Thank you for the picture that you sent me. I agree with you, that it’s a big problem with the racism in the whole world. We should all have equal rights. That picture makes me see racism in a different way. When you are black or white you are not another person. In my opinion we are all equal no matter whether we are black, have another religion or are a woman or a man.

I think the artist wants to provoke the viewers, because nowadays there is a lot of debate about racism. I find the impression that the artist creates very effective, because he takes a little girl and not a big man who looks very vicious. What I find interesting is that the girl is wearing the colour white. The colour of innocence. The girl is among 4 “Deputy US Marshall”, and so the picture conveys a very strong message. I like the picture very much, because equality is important in society. On the wall behind the girl there stands “Niger” and somebody has thrown a tomato against the wall, obviously he wanted to hit the innocent girl. Thank you Rachel for this great picture.

Yours, Kim

Task 2

Yes, this photo is art for me, because you don’t know what the artist wanted to express and so you can consider. A lot of modern art is just rubbish, because I think when someone only throws a lot of paint on a canvas you can’t call it art. For me art should make me see something in a different way. I find this photo very interesting because that a woman can do hard work. There are similarities between the photo and the picture by Norman Rockwell. Both show the meaning of equality, and that’s what I like. I would really like to see the complete exhibition.

No comments: